Retail Pro® 9
The new Retail Pro 9 has advancements that represent the most significant and monumental progression in our application
suite in nearly two years. It contains an amazing wealth of powerful new
features and functionality, many of which were developed from the input of
actual end users, along with industry proven best practices.
As you may know by now, some day there will only be support for Retail Pro 9. So, there will be a point when you'll need to move from your current version to Retail Pro® 9, and we want to help you develop an Implementation Plan to deploy a smooth transition to your vision, whether it’s months or years away.
Most notable is the new inclusion of the Oracle
based platform, a superior architecture delivering maximum performance and
scalability not before achievable. The relational database can scale virtually
without limits as a business grows.
It also introduces powerful new
point of sale features and enhancements, including the integration of payment
authorization services directly into the system. 9 is also more easily
configured to work with specific hardware devices used at the point of sale.
Get a Free Live Demo of Retail Pro 9
Details of the new features of Retail Pro® 9 include:
Necessary for Store Operations in One System
- Integrate all your key store operations -
Sales, Inventory, Purchasing, Receiving, Transfers, Customer Management,
Employee Management - in one product.
- Navigate seamlessly between components, with
no need to back in/out of components or launch/exit other applications.
- Manage all of your subsidiaries and stores,
regardless of the currency or language used.
- Select any currency as your base currency and
assign as many exchange rates as needed for each foreign currency, and the
date the rate takes effect.
- Assign a currency to items and vendors to
facilitate orders of foreign items.
- Import/Export Translation Files in XML Format.
This enables a translator to translate Retail Pro using programs such as
Notepad or Excel.
- Oracle® 9i relational database scales
virtually without limit as your business grows.
- Open design for easy integration with legacy
systems to maximize existing resources. For example, Employee Payroll,
Merchandising, ERP, or CRM.
- Low administration and easy installation takes
the burden off your IT staff. Built-in Technician's toolkit provides easy
access to a variety of tools for maintaining the database (tuning,
re-indexing, performing backup/recovery, rebuilding control and password
files, adding data files, and checking/compiling schema.
- Supports SQL (Structured Query Language) and
XML (eXtensible Markup Language), which provide access to standard development
platforms for any custom development.
- Exchange data between stores/stations at any
time without disrupting store operations.
- Specify the types of data to exchange, and
designate which station controls inventory.
- ECM encodes data to XML (eXtensible Markup
Language) in a compressed format, then transmits the data by whatever device
(Internet, modem, disk, etc.) you select. At the target station, the data is
decompressed and decoded.
- Exchange data with a variety of systems,
including CRM, ERP, and Payroll.
- Store your master inventory list and assign
the complete inventory list to a store or an individually tailored subset.
- View each item's order, receiving, transfer,
adjustment, and sales history. This makes it easy to quickly locate the source
of an unusual change to quantity or cost.
- Assign an image to items or styles, aiding
identification of items without tags, etc.
- Assign multiple price levels to items. Each
price level is a complete set of prices for items, such as retail sales,
wholesale sales, sales to employees, and so on.
- Make immediate or planned price markdowns.
Price Manager enables you to automatically mark down prices for selected items
for immediate or future sales, and optionally restore former prices at a later
- Calculate and assign Min/Max levels in
inventory, based upon past sales history. Retail Pro can then auto-generate
purchase orders to replenish stock when items reach Min levels. The Best
Replenishment feature identifies stores that currently have a surplus of the
items being ordered, providing the option of generating transfer orders.
- Use serial/lot number tracking for items such
as computers, cellular phones, and vitamins. Lot number tracking lets you set
expiration dates, with the option of preventing sale of items past their
- Built-in stock ledger enables you to view each
change in item quantity and cost, including drilling-down to the individual
transactions impacting inventory. This provides a verifiable audit trail of
changes to inventory price and cost, and helps you identity unusual changes
(such as when a clerk mistakenly adds an extra zero to an item's cost.
- Assign security on a feature-by-feature basis.
- Define sales commissions and assign to
- Define time shifts, including overtime rates
and assign to employees.
- Create sales targets for the company and
assign a portion to each store. A portion of each store sales target can in
turn be assigned to each of the store's employees.
- Oracle 9i database is ideally suited for
- Built-in Report Viewer provides a variety of
ways to view and create reports (subject to licensing) and free access for all
users to more than 100 predefined reports. You can apply filters, parameters,
set sort options, and view charts and graphs.
- Control user access to certain reports and
selected features of reports.
- Export a report file to a disk and e-mail the
report to another location.
- User logon required, so you always "know" who
is using the program.
- Control employee access to specific program
areas and features. Only the employees you authorize are able to access those
program areas and/or feature.
- Control refunds by requiring a customer be
listed on any return receipts. Using the customer history feature, you can
quickly verify the details of the original purchase, even if the customer
doesn't have the original receipt.
- Track excessive returns by employees.
Track returns for all employees. By running a report and filtering for
total returns, you can identify employees with significantly higher number of
returns than other employees.
- Track all changes to quantity, price, cost.
Also tracks items from the time they are received into a warehouse or
store inventory, to when they are purchased by customers. Changes to any of
these key values are recorded on adjustment memos, reducing incidents of price
switching and other forms of fraud.
- If a manager performs a security override,
Retail Pro can create a log entry, providing information about the event. This
helps ensure that security overrides are being performed for valid reasons.
Point of Sale
- Retail Pro decreases transaction time by
minimizing the steps needed to create a new receipt. You can set up your
system so that when an associate starts a new receipt, most of the information
needed to complete the sale is already entered, thus decreasing training time
for new employees.
- Define custom POS flags to capture important
information at point of sale.
- Use Drawer Manager wizard to simplify drawer
opening/closing, entering of currency and non-currency media counts and
- Perform line item returns to handle situations
where a customer wants to return one or more items while at the same time
purchase one or more items. This helps speed up the return process, helping to
maintain good customer relations.
- Disbursements feature enables employees to
easily perform Paid Ins, Paid Outs, Cash Drops, and Misc Drawer Openings.
- Check-in/out feature keeps track of employee
hours worked, facilitating payroll processing.
Processing Solutions and Payment Link
- Fully integrated payment processing solution,
operated in conjunction with Retail Pro Payment Solutions enables you to
perform and process credit card, gift card, and debit card transactions (and
check verification) directly at the lowest cost.
- Built-in configuration manager simplifies
- Host-based system, so closing takes place
automatically at the end of each day.
- Integrated Merchandise Planning, Store
Planning and Assortment Planning
- Graphical User Interface uses color-coding of
measures for consistent and intuitive ease of use; provides the ability to
change layout of windows and views, and hierarchies can be collapsed or
- Uses workflow to guide users through the steps
to plan, re-plan, approve and reconcile according to the enterprise-defined
business processes for planning. The ability to reconcile between plans and
create separate versions is built in for ease of use.
- Intuitive templates reflecting planning
best-practices are included and may be customized as required for specific
- Three-tiered architecture can scale from small
retailers with a few users to very large retailers with hundreds of users.
For more information and consultation, contact a One Step Retail Solutions POS consultant at (800) 266-1328 or send email. Ask about our free online demo of V9.
- Track each customer's total sales and total
returns, year-to-date sales and returns, total number of visits, average
purchase amount, average discount amount, and the average number of unique
items purchased each visit to help you identify the best-performing customers
and allocate marketing dollars more effectively.
- Track contact information, such as name,
multiple addresses, phone numbers, and e-mail address for use in direct
mailings, credit card billing, etc. Store a customer image as part of customer
record, enabling easy identification and improving security.
- Assign customers to regions and/or districts
for use in direct mailings.
- Assign a default discount percentage to
customers (such as an employee discount) that is automatically suggested at
point of sale. You can also assign customers to one of your defined price
levels (such as a VIP price level for your best customers).
- Assign store credit to a customer that can be
used as a form of payment on future purchases, with Retail Pro automatically
updating the store credit balance. This enables you to give store credit to a
customer rather than a straight return.
- View a customer's entire order and purchasing
history in both summarized form as well as a list of individual transactions.
This enables you to drill-down and locate a particular transaction to
facilitate returns, exchanges, gift receipts, etc.
- Divide your customer list into segments that
share common characteristics, such as total sales, number of visits, region,
district, etc., to help execute marketing campaigns.
- Divide customers into bins based on metrics
such as the date of the customer's last visit, the number of visits, and how
much the customer spends each visit.
Download Retail Pro brochure